segunda-feira, 29 de setembro de 2014

Dead Magik with My Lovely Underground - An Interview




Agora no TBTCI o buraco vai lá pra baixo, bem lá pra baixo, os franceses do My Lovely Underground chegaram ao meu conhecimento através da capa de seu debut que foi feita nada mais nada menos por Nonni Dead ou Jon Saemundur, o gênio por trás do prediletos da criação do caos o Dead Skeletons.

Fora a capa espetacular, o My Lovely Underground é mais do que foda, fritação da melhro qualidade unindo desde Sabbath, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Spacemen 3, Scratch Acid, Sonic Youth, VU e simplesmente tudo que foi feito de mais barulhento e esporrento nesses mais de 50 anos de música.

O debute dos caras é como um ácido de efeito rápido e certeiro, luzes cinzentas ou luzes coloridas, alucinações tem inicio já na faixa dde abertura com o apropriado nome de Morphine e daí meus caros não tem volta, é transcender e deixar embriagar.

Provavelmente a revelação de 2014.


***** Interview with My Lovely Underground *****


Q. When did My Lovely Underground starts, tell us about the history...
q1 . Hey, I am Maxime, I started My Lovely underground in 2012, I was made music by myself for a long time ago, so I decided to start a band. To me, music is not just a passion, I mean, music has changed me, create is a vital thing to me, and I can do it only in music and writing cause these are the only things I can do. At the beginning, I was doing some punk/garage music, these are my first love. When I was 18 years old, I discovered the shoegaze and psychedelic scene, and it was amazing to me, I was listening the velvet underground since I was a kid so I was prepared for that, a kind of slow mental preparation I met Julien in 2013, a huge fan of psych/shoegaze music too, and gave him some demos I made, He liked it, so we asked friends to play with us and started to write some new songs.

Q: Who are your influences?
q2 . We have a lot of influences, but we can say Velvet Underground, Spacemen 3, My Bloody Valentine, Earth, Scratch Acid, Slint, Ride, Sonic Youth... and more


Q. Made a list of 5 albuns of all time…
q3 . Maxime :
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Stooges - 1st LP
Velvet Underground and Nico ( Andy Warhol Banana )

Julien :
King Crimson - In The Court
Morgen - Morgen

Q. How do you fell playing alive?
q4 . Playing live is one of the things we started a band, to me, it's very emotional, this is one of the moment where I feel best, like to fall in love somehow... a mixture of frustration and intense pleasure

Q. How do you describe My Lovely Underground's sounds?
q5 . Well, already, I think we are young to objectively describe our sound, but what we can say, we just try to make something powerful, melodious, with quiet moments mixed with a wall of sound, a lot of distortion, with a pop voice drowned in the noise.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
q6 . Julien and me write ideas and songs on our side, after that, we work together and give some advices to each other, I write lyrics and look for melodies, we work this things with the band, and the whole thing is to go recording the songs before hating them


Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
q7 . Cheatahs, Morgan Delt, and some french bands: Dead Horse One, Jessica 93, Feeling Of Love...

Q: Which bands you love to made a cover version?
q8 . Well, I guess doing covers is very difficult, you have to innovate and don't get a copy of the song, but we played in a gig of velvet underground cover songs.

Q: What´s the plans for future....
q9 . For future, we just wanna play, do some tour, everywhere we can, and recording a new album. Just play music man.

Q: Any parting words?
q10 . Life is short, so, do what you really wanna do, and never loose the faith
*
*
*
Thanks Maxime

https://soundcloud.com/my-lovely-underground/sets/mlu
https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Lovely-Underground