terça-feira, 30 de junho de 2015

Everything And Nothing with Jade TV - An Interview



Faça o seguinte, vai lá no final da entrevista e clica no link do bandcamp do Jade TV e aperte play em Parallel Momentso debute lançado agora em 10 de junho.

Sinta a suavidade e a elegância envolvente da música do Jade TV, um dreampop com ecos oitentistas sempre melancólico.

Everything and Nothing é na opinião do TBTCI uma das músicas mais belas deste 2015, uma pérola de doce sofrimento.

Simplesmente ACIMA.

***** Interview with Jade TV *****



Q. When did Jade TV started, tell us about the history...
1. I started writing and recording music in high school under the name Youth Camp. What is now Jade TV is a dynamic mutation of that project.

Q: Who are your influences?
2. Musically I'm inspired by a lot of 80s post punk bands and the shoegaze bands from the 90s

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
3. favorite albums is hard! here's 5 go to albums for me:
"Here Comes Everybody" - The Wake,
"Blue Bell Knoll" -Cocteau Twins,
"Just For a Day" -Slowdive,
"Goo" -Sonic Youth
"Blind" -The Sundays

Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. Pretty recently I've formed a pretty stable live band. There were a lot of member changes, but now we have a consistent lineup which makes things easier. I like recording better than performing, but it's still fun.

Q. How do you describe Jade TV sounds?
5. I would describe Jade TV as Dream Pop / Post punk. I'm working on a new record right now that has pretty dark moments. some songs are almost kind of cold-wavey 


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs?
6. I'll usually record demos for songs and then go back and refine them and add more layers and fluff. I record everything on my own at the moment.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended
7. I haven't been listening to that much new music recently.. However I just got a copy of Lower's "Seek Warmer Climes" which is a phenomenal record. I recently got into Connan Mockasin, he's got a really weird and cool songwriting style. Also Warehouse is a pretty new band that's really great. They have a record called Tesseract that is definitely worth listening to.

Q: Which bands would you love to make a cover version of?
8. We covered Paranoid by Black Sabbath one time and that was really fun haha.

Q: What´s the plan for the future....
9. My priority right now is finishing the next record, and then we'll see after that!

Q: Any parting words?
10. Thanks for listening xo
*
*
*
Thanks

https://jadetv.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jade-TV